World’s Most Comprehensive Online Real Estate Finance & Dashboard Training Program is here!
And that for Just $ 299!
Taught by an Industry Expert: B.Tech Civil Engineering + MBA Finance + 12 Years of Industry Experience
The goal of this Real Estate Finance Course is to make you awesome in real estate finance, investment analysis, feasibility study and dashboards for real estate development projects.
Hours of Video Lecture
There is a total of around 20 hours of video in the course at this moment – view, download and discuss.
World’s most comprehensive online real estate finance course yet! With no competition to match!
Contains lots of bonus materials – Excel formula cheat-sheet, Excel keyboard shortcuts Ebook and many more!
[title text=”Lesson Plan of Online Real Estate Finance Course”]
- What is Real Estate Property?
- Property Type and Areas
- Real Estate Development Process
- Understanding Various Area Types and Measurement Methodologies
- Time Value of Money
- Understanding and Calculating Discount Rate
- Note on Cost of Equity
- Calculating and Using Weighted Average Cost of Capital
- Understanding Return Metrics
- Payback Period
- Limitation of IRR
- Other Ratios
[tabs_item title=”Module 2″] Module 2: Real Estate Finance and Economics
- Real Estate and Urban Economics
- The Market for Real Estate Assets and Real Estate Use
- Primary and Secondary Market
- Theory of Capitalization Rate
- Growth, Employment and Interest Rate
[tabs_item title=”Module 3″] Module 3: Financial Modeling for Real Estate
- Modeling Best Practice and Tips – designing an efficient layout
- Graphics and Presentation
- What is a Feasibility Study?
- Various Asset Classes and Specific Modeling Issues
- Optimizing Product Mix in a Mixed-use Development
- Structuring a Cash Flow Model
- Timing and Frequency Formats – use of dates or period
- Modeling Timing of Construction (S-Curve)
- Incorporating Land and Infrastructure Costs
- Rent Roll and Area Measurement
- Note on Area Measurement Methodologies
- Rent Forecast and Market Research
- Note on Market Research for Real Estate
- Modeling Exit Proceeds
- Modeling Delays
- Project IRR, Project NPV and other Metrics
- Adding Debt
- Applying Typical Debt
- Debt Coverage Ratio and Sizing the Loan
- Modeling Financing Cash Flow – debt drawdown, repayment pattern, interest rates, and debt service.
- Calculating Geared IRR, NPV and other Metrics
- Optimizing Capital Structure
- Mezzanine Finance and Profit Sharing
- Other Development Financing Methods
- Modeling Pre-let / Pre-Sold and Speculative Deals
- Use of Third Party Equity (Private Equity)
- Structuring a Joint Venture
- Preferences and Priority of Distribution
- Waterfall Structures
- Calculating Operating Expenses
- Operating Expenses for Commercial Projects
- Operating Expenses for Residential Projects
- Constructing Profit & Loss Statement for Hotels
- Modeling Portfolio of Projects
- Understanding Risk
- What are the Risks and How to Quantify Them?
- Developing Sensitivity Analysis
- Volatility of Lease Rates
- Evaluation of Risk and Return of Different Financing Instruments
- Building Financial Statements
- Constructing Profit & Loss Statement
- Constructing Balance Sheet
Case Study 1 (Mixed-use Development)
Case Study 2 (Single Use – Commercial)
Case Study 3 (Single Use – Residential)
Case Study 4 (Single Use – Hotel)
Case Study 5 (Single Use – Shopping Mall)
Case Study 6 (Single Use – Entertainment / Cinema)
[tabs_item title=”Module 4″] Module 4: Valuation
- Valuation Methodologies
- Formula and Functions for Valuations and Appraisals
- Income and Cost Approach
- Different Type of Yields and Cap Rate
Case Study: Golden Opportunity: Commercial Real Estate Valuation (Kellogg School of Management)
[tabs_item title=”Module 5″]
Module 5: Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Function and Goal of Portfolio Management
- Note on Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Capital Budgeting Techniques
- Efficient Portfolio Construction
- Hold / Repositioning Strategies
[tabs_item title=”Module 6″] Module 6: Real Estate Strategy
- Real Options and How to Use Them
- How to Structure a Real Estate Deal?
- Why do Real Estate Companies go Bankrupt?
Case Study: Asia Property Limited (Harvard Business School)
Case Study: North Goes East (Harvard Business School)
Case Study: LandLease (Asia) Property Limited: Redefining Real Estate Investment Strategies (The Centre for Asian Business Cases, The University of Hong Kong)
Case Study: Rose Smart Growth Investment Fund (Harvard Business School)
Case Study: Hongkong Land Holdings Ltd: Strategic Repositioning of Real Estate Assets (The Centre for Asian Business Cases, The University of Hong Kong)
Case Study: The Millegan Creek Apartments (Harvard Business School)
Case Study: Wildcat Capital Investors (Kellogg School of Management)
[tabs_item title=”Module 7″] Module 7: Dashboard for Real Estate Development Projects
- What is a Dashboard?
- How to Make a Dashboard for Real Estate Projects and Investments?
- Dashboard Do’s & Don’ts
- Excel Dashboard Examples for Real Estate Projects
[title text=”Join Real Estate Finance Course Now”]
[title text=”More Detail about Real Estate Finance Course”]
[accordion_item id=”accordion_item_1″ title=”1,200 minutes of Real Estate Finance Concepts” open=”yes”]Each topic in Real Estate Finance Course comes with several videos discussing various topics in-detail. There is a total of around 20 hours of video in the course at this moment. All these lessons are neatly structured in to a lesson plan with links to view, download and discuss.[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item id=”accordion_item_2″ title=”10+ Case Studies with Solution”]During the Real Estate Finance Course we will be solving 10+ real-life case studies. There will be around 6 proprietary case studies and rest will be Harvard Business School Case Studies. You may be required to purchase the Harvard Business School case studies at the HBR website.[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item id=”accordion_item_3″ title=”Additional 4 Hour of Lessons on Dashboards for Real Estate Development Projects”]In this section, you will learn how to build world-class dashboards from the scratch. We will discuss dashboard design principles, best practices and see several examples related to real estate. You can download unlocked dashboard excel files and reuse them as you like.[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item id=”accordion_item_4″ title=”20+ excel models”]Almost all the topics in Real Estate Finance Course include downloadable content – either excel files PDF files. Using these files, you can easily improve your understanding and play with the concepts right away.[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item id=”accordion_item_5″ title=”Free Bonus – Formula Cheat-sheet “]If you use excel formulas a lot, then this cheat sheet can help you. It contains the syntax of most important formulas along with example uses and tricks to handle errors.[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item id=”accordion_item_6″ title=”Free Bonus – Excel Keyboard Shortcuts E-Book”]This E-book includes some really powerful and useful excel keyboard shortcuts which will be critical in building excel models[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item id=”accordion_item_7″ title=”Free bonus – Excel Chart Design E-book”]This e-book explain the process to format charts to wow your audience. It also includes guidance on how to use colors effectively. This will come very handy in creating excel dashboards for real estate development projects and investments.[/accordion_item]
[accordion_item id=”accordion_item_8″ title=”30 Day money back guarantee”]Each Real Estate Finance Course comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you don’t like what you see in course, just drop an email and your money will be refunded. No questions asked.[/accordion_item]
[testimonials_item name=”Dan Murphy” job=”Development Analyst” img=””]I was part of the test team and must say it is a very comprehensive course and lot of efforts has been put into making of this course. The case studies are the fun part of the course.[/testimonials_item]
[testimonials_item name=”Jennifer Burdett” job=”Investment Analyst” img=””]I can take the classes whenever I have time, the lessons are easy to follow, all of the information is extremely helpful, I can use what I learn immediately[/testimonials_item]
[testimonials_item name=”Deep Bhandari” job=”Asset Manager” img=””]Good examples, very open and responsive teacher, overall very positive experience[/testimonials_item]
Hope to see you in Real Estate Finance Course Class.
* We will be using Microsoft Excel 2010 / 2007 during the Real Estate Finance Course Class.